Itunes won't open HELP

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by bennnnnooo, Mar 4, 2008.

1. bennnnnooo macrumors newbie

My itunes won't open. When I try to open it, my mac thinks it's open (the small arrow is lit up, indicating that it's open) but there's no picture. All I can do is force quit it. I installed itunes update on the apple site but still the same thing happens! Any solutions?

2. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

3. bennnnnooo thread starter macrumors newbie

4. Osarkon macrumors 68020

Osarkon

What TEG means is to goto Disk Utility (found in Applications - Utilties), select your hard drive, then click on Repair Disk Permissions.

It could be that some of the file permissions have changed, doing this might help your iTunes problem.

Hope that clarifies a bit!

5. bennnnnooo thread starter macrumors newbie

I followed you the whole way but my hard drive doesn't appear to be one of the options in disk utility. Can it be under a dif name?

6. Osarkon macrumors 68020

Osarkon

Hmm.

Here, have a look at this screenshot, it might help you see. Obviously Zangetsu is the name of my hard drive and you'd replace that with whatever yours is called (Macintosh HD by default).

Have you got that showing up?

Attached Files:

7. bennnnnooo thread starter macrumors newbie

Ok i repaired permissions but same problem with itunes...

8. Osarkon macrumors 68020

Osarkon

You could always try uninstalling and reinstalling it. If that doesn't work or you'd rather not try that, try creating another user account and see if the problem is occuring there as well.

9. bennnnnooo thread starter macrumors newbie

sorry to bother you but I'm sort of a new mac user...how would I uninstall and reinstall it?

10. chrismac00 macrumors 6502a

Open the Applications folder and drag iTunes to trash. Then empty the Trash, restart your computer and install from apple.com/itunes