iTunes won't open

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by acedrums, Jun 23, 2009.

1. acedrums macrumors member

Ok, so I keep on clicking iTunes and it keeps coming back that it:
    The application iTunes quit unexpectedly
    Mac OS X and other applications are not affected

Click Relaunch to launch the application again. Click Report to see more details or send a report to Apple.

Now Im new to Macs, but im 100% sure thats not good. What do I need to do?

2. bokdol macrumors 6502a

bokdol

couple of things to try. see if you have any software updates then do them. but first try zapping your pram... shut down your computer then right after you start up your computer hold down theses keys...

option command p r

hold all four buttons before you hear the startup dong. keep holding it untill the computer restarts 4 times. then let go of the keys. see if that works if not. move your library and recreate it to see if that helps.

and good luck

3. acedrums thread starter macrumors member

I have zapped, reinstalled itunes, and updated alll software. Same message keeps coming up.

4. bokdol macrumors 6502a

bokdol

try this. to see if it's your account or not. got o system preferences and create a new admin user. then start up itunes. if it runs there might be a preference that you need to remove thats causing the problem.

5. dirt farmer macrumors 6502

Have you tried the obvious? Repairing your disk and repairing permissions? (Googling will tell you all you need to know)

Try that. Also, do you have any iTunes plug-ins?

6. EMKarelia macrumors regular

EMKarelia

Had the same problem with my itunes. What i did was just delete the whole file on itunes and reinstall it. Remove all the files.

7. acedrums thread starter macrumors member

Ok, before I delete though, I how do I get the songs so they arent deleted? I am a former PC, so bare with me lol.