iTunes won't play some songs/albums

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by PHLMac, Sep 29, 2010.

1. PHLMac macrumors newbie

I noticed this about a year ago. So, there are some songs that I cannot play in iTunes, on either my laptop or home computer. However, I can play them on my iPhone 3GS and my 3rd Generation iPod after being sync'd. A friend thought that it was perhaps these songs/albums were not "official" Apple iTunes downloads or not direct downloads from CDs. This is not correct, random songs from random mp3 sources including iTunes (Apple iTunes Store), and even complete albums (from CDs) are affected. Why is this? how can I correct this? Anyone, please advise!!!

Thanks!!!
    :( :confused: :mad:

2. Hermes Monster macrumors 6502a

Hermes Monster

Is there a little (!) icon next to the song? Sounds to me like the underlying mp3 file has been removed, but is still present on your iPod

there is software you can get to allow you to transfer the files from your iPod to your Mac/PC

EDIT this is the software I meant, free 30 day or 1000 song trial, I used this myself last week and it works very well

senuti

3. PHLMac thread starter macrumors newbie

Hey, thanks!

Yes, there is an [!] icon next to the song, on the previous version of iTunes, The latest update, iTunes version, the selected song title, even the album cover are listed (all the info -"get info content is all there etc..). Sill won't play in iTunes.

Even when I restored my iPhone or iPod, the songs will sync to both and are playable , but I still cannot play from my laptop.

Thanks again, I'll check out the website. :)