iTunes wont play 'un-checked' songs.

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by AdamA9, Jun 9, 2010.

1. AdamA9 macrumors 6502a

Guys, this is starting to bug me, so hope you can help. Currently, I only have a 16GB iPhone, and so in order to get my music on there, I have to select the 'only import checked songs' and select them on my iTunes playlist.

However, when I'm listening to music on my iMac, I cannot listen to an un-checked album, it just skips over to the next checked song.

Is there something really simple I'm missing here? Is there an option to play all songs, regardless of whether they're checked or not? Or is there a better way to sync my music? This is doing my head in.

2. forcefieldkid macrumors 6502

If you bring your full iTunes library up and hold apple/command while you click on one of the check boxes it will uncheck/check all songs at once. Easiest way round your issue I can see sadly.

3. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

cmd+A (or ctrl+A on PC) to select all in your music library, then right click and select check

I have my own playlist for my iPhone so I don't have to uncheck songs in iTunes

4. AdamA9 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Okay thanks. So I either have to have a playlist for my iPhone, or keep selecting all when I want to play on my computer, and then manually selecting tracts when syncing?

5. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

Yes, I think so. The playlist thingy works pretty well though, if I don't want something, I delete it from the playlist but it remains in my library so I can easily play it or add it to the playlist again. Then just select the playlist to be the only music that is synced to your iPhone

6. Dave Braine macrumors 68040

Dave Braine

I use a playlist as well. It works a treat, no need to check and uncheck.