Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Safeshot

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 1, 2011
Hi all,

There are quite a few threads dealing with similar issues, but I cant seem to find one that fits 100% so here goes.

Ive recently bought a macbook pro, running osx 10.6.3 - when I connected the iphone, it recognised it and synched fine - also did an iphone backup

I then decided to get the iphone dev kit, but this needs osx 10.6.4, which I downloaded and have installed... the installation appears to have been fine, no errors etc. but since upgrading the OS itunes doesnt recognise that ive plugged the iphone in... the phone is charging when i plug it in, but itunes doesnt see it.

I then went on to the support site and eventually followed the instructions to 'completely remove' itunes - then i re-installed it - but it still wont see my phone .... can anyone offer any ideas? ive tried all the normal restart phone/restart mac etc etc ????

Thanks
Graham

Safeshot

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 1, 2011
also tried checking/unchecking autosync in itunes>preferences>devices

no difference

Safeshot

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 1, 2011
Quick update.... Ive since tried the iphone on my PC - Itunes finds it no probs - so i guess the phone's ok - must be the macbook??

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.