iTunes Wont show up anymore?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by iisarenotnobody, Aug 17, 2008.

1. iisarenotnobody macrumors member

I Recently downloaded some new apps for my touch via the itunes app store on my iMac, i went to sync my touch and all of a sudden when i plugged in my iPod iTunes quit. I relaunched iTunes thinking it was just some 1 time glitch. Now anytime i launch iTunes i dont get the window at all, just the icon in the dock saying its running. and the taskbar at the top with all the iTunes menus. Anything I can do to fix this?
    I have already restarted my iMac and have tried to launch iTunes without my iPod connected..:confused:

2. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

Did you try going to Window --> iTunes? That should bring back the iTunes window if it's missing, although restarting the app should also do that if you managed to close it, and that doesn't seem to be working for you.

3. iisarenotnobody thread starter macrumors member

unfortunately nothing seems to be working... :eek:

whats weird is that every other App runs smoothly including FCE 4

4. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

Try going to <your user name>/Library/Preferences/com.apple.iTunes.plist. With iTunes closed, drag that file to your Desktop and then try launching iTunes.

5. iisarenotnobody thread starter macrumors member

I tried doing that. Lowercase firstlast and it said the folder was not found.

6. iisarenotnobody thread starter macrumors member

Okay, I have repaired disk permissions, Removed and Re-installed iTunes and nothing. :mad:

7. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

I don't understand what you mean. Your Preferences folder has to be there.

Type "com.apple.itunes.plist" into Spotlight and that should lead you to the correct file.

8. iisarenotnobody thread starter macrumors member

it didnt show. for some reason when i created a new account and launched itunes on it. the itunes on my account started working... :confused:
    Whatever. At least it works:D