Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'macOS' started by mrmacdude, Jun 15, 2009.
It bounces, and then hangs.
i trashed the prefs, the library, and reinstalled. any ideas?
Last year, my iTunes was acting up and it would just bounce for over a minute, then it would open - then I restarted my Mac and it never went past the Grey screen (Apple Genius said iTunes crashed my Mac).
Not to freak you out though.
I would just go and repair permissions and see what happens.
I am having this same problem
Neither Itunes nor Safari will start. Yesterday was fine, but today the icons bounce on the dock twice and nothing happens. How do you repair permissions?
Powerbook G4 OS 10.4.11
I figured out to repair permissions...also uninstalled and reinstalled Itunes
still no luck
Woww..... I had the worst time with itunes this week... same thing , it wouldn't start
My solution? I think that it was the Advantageous mp3 Script or the app but here is my procedure:
1. go to Library/Preferences/ (note: not the user library, the one located on the hard drive's main folder) and delete the com.apple.itunes... file, if one is found there
2. go to Library/iTunes/ and delete any scripts and plug-ins files
3. go to user/Library/iTunes/ and delete any scripts and plug-ins files
4. go to user/Library/Preferences/ and delete the com.apple.itunes... file
5. Go to the Applications folder and delete iTunes and delete any iTunes Installation file, if you have any!
6. SHUTDOWN (do not use Restart...) wait about 30 sec and turn it back on
7. go to apple.com/downloads and download iTunes
8. Install it and when it is done do not open itunes
9. SHUTDOWN (do not use Restart...) wait about 30 sec and turn it back on
10. finally the moment .... open iTunes!
Hope this helps you and other, I was about to go crazy, All I read was to restore my computer! Hell no to that!!! it's a Mac I refused and got it right on the last try!