iTunes won't stay quit!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Pbro, Aug 17, 2011.

1. Pbro macrumors newbie

Hi everyone,

I have an early 2008 Macbook Pro, and am currently running OSX Lion (however, this problem randomly began while I was still running Snow Leopard). My problem is that iTunes just won't stay closed after I quit the program. I've tried quit, force quit, and "killall iTunes" in Terminal. Thirty seconds later, after I do either of those things, it reopens.

This random reopening of iTunes is preventing my Macbook from going to sleep. There's obviously something running in the background that I can't get rid of. And when i do, iTunes will wake the computer from sleep too.

Also, I don't have any iTunes widgets or anything.

Has this happened to anyone?

Thanks,

Pbro

2. saberahul macrumors 68040

How about a screenshot of all processes running in Activity Monitor? It may help us narrow it down.

3. SDub90 macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

Anything on here help?

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/2568177?start=0&tstart=0

4. Pbro thread starter macrumors newbie

Sorry, these guys were talking about a widget that was the culprit. i don't have any widgets installed.

5. Pbro thread starter macrumors newbie

Here's what's running when iTunes isn't operational. i'll try and repost when iTunes randomly opens again.

Attached Files:

6. xlii macrumors 68000

xlii

I just took a look at your activity monitor picture. You have "my processes" selected. Your machine is running a lot more processes and the problem could be one of them. To see all process that are running, select "all processes" in the little button box.

7. Pbro thread starter macrumors newbie

i had to take two screen shots to cover it all. iTunes randomly opened as i was trying to capture the screenshots.

Attached Files: