Itunes Wont Sync My Iphone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by COGENTBLUE, May 15, 2010.

1. COGENTBLUE macrumors newbie

Itunes keeps locking up and giving me the error message "itunes was unable to load sync services" if I wait it will start working until I plug in my Iphone then it locks up for a while, once it starts working I try to sync my phone and that just keeps running ALL DAY! never finishes. This just started after the last Itunes update. I have uninstalled/reinstalled Itunes several times. Is it a Vista problem with Itunes? Should I upgrade to 7? Is there a fix? Am I the only one with this problem?:confused::mad:

2. AbSoluTc macrumors 68040

AbSoluTc

You uninstalled and re-installed and you are still having the same issue? Have you restarted and scanned your system for any virus/spyware?

3. Justinf79 macrumors 6502

Justinf79

I'd also try and "quit" some unessential background services, and see if iTunes works then.

4. COGENTBLUE thread starter macrumors newbie

Virus software is up to date and pc has been scanned

I don't allow programs and background services to run without me starting them only the essential.

5. gr3chan macrumors newbie

gr3chan

To rule out the obvious make sure you have rebooted your system. Windows can be a little temperamental at times and requires the occasional reboot. Check to see if there are any updates to iTunes available. If you are completely up to date, then try to reinstall iTunes like AbSoluTc suggested. Also, check for updates on any anti-virus programs you may have running. Sometimes apps like Symantec Endpoint can interfere with iTunes. As far as upgrading to Windows 7, it is a much lighter and all around more stable version of Windows and comes highly suggested if you are forced to use a PC and not a Mac ;)

6. COGENTBLUE thread starter macrumors newbie

every thing is up to date I restart every day I have had this problem for about two months now. I have Symantec/Norton not sure if it has endpoint I tried to find it and I don't think I have it

7. bigchief macrumors 6502a

Could be malware. Go to cnet downloads and download malwarebytes. Its free. It will remove malicious software that your anti virus can't find and remove. Good luck.

8. AbSoluTc macrumors 68040

AbSoluTc

There's one of the problems. That and McAfee are nothing but bloatware. They cause more problems than they solve and don't even do a good job at what they were suppose to be doing to begin with.

If I were you, I would do the following..

1 - Remove Norton.
    Restart
    2 - Remove iTunes (backup first)
    Restart
    3 - Run Windows Update, make sure you have everything up to date.
    4 - Rename any old iTunes directories that were not removed when you removed it. You want a clean install.
    5 - Download and install the latest, correct version for your system.
    Restart
    6 - Restore your iTunes media ONLY. Nothing else. The library will rebuild itself.
    Restart
    7 - Sync your phone and see what happens.

9. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

The first thing you should do is return to a system restore point when you know you didn't have the problem.