Itunes wont Sync with phone after Jailbreak

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by chronicbucks, Aug 15, 2010.

1. chronicbucks macrumors newbie

My itunes won't sync. When i plug the phone into my computer, and select a bunch of playlists i want added and select sync. They never actually get moved onto the phone. Any ideas or fixes for this?

2. QuietlyReserved macrumors newbie

3. chronicbucks thread starter macrumors newbie

iphone 4

jailbreakme

been using it for weeks, but just noticed the itunes thing tonight

4. DaddyW123 macrumors newbie

Similar problem

I too jailbroke my iPhone 4 with jailbreak me, only now my iTunes doesn't even see me iPhone. I plug it in and windows sees it just fine, but iTunes doesn't pick it up. How do I fix that? I want to get some movies on my phone that are on my PC.

Thanks

5. MacUser77 macrumors newbie

This happened to me. Does it say error then a number? If so, try not syncing voice memos. If that doesn't work, then try unchecking the apps and sync then if that works then check the apps and sync them back up....My problem was the apps so it work after I un-checked and then re-checked the apps.... but yours could be different

6. ColtonA7X macrumors newbie

I have the same problem except in itunes my iphone doesn't show up at all since the Jailbreak.

7. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

You all got the latest itunes version right?
    You might have to restore and JB again.

8. fuzion11 macrumors 65816

fuzion11

Hey guys and gals...

I think I might be able to help...well hopefully anyways.

I too had this problem quite a bit but it seems to have remedied itself somehow. Anyhow when you connect your iP4 to Windows it will have to update the drivers and that usually takes a couple minutes or so (if it does need to update, you'll see a little icon in the bottom right corner of the screen)....When Windows recognizes your iPhone but iTunes doesn't just unplug the cord from the iPhone and plug it back in...it might take a couple tries but usually will work after that. Another trick I've learned is, if after plugging it in and out a couple times doesn't seem to work plug it in, wait a few seconds and then press the home button and slide to unlock, then you should hear the beep that confirms it's connected to iTunes.

Also if all else fails, and you can connect to windows but not iTunes...then go into Control Panel, System, Hardware Devices and look for anything related to the iPhone in there and tweak/play around....That totally fixed my problem with connecting to my PC at work that's on XP

Good luck, and if this works for you please let me know.

Thanks.

9. Samz macrumors newbie

Happening to me too on Mac! Both the app and voice memo solutions don't work for me. Absolutely nothing syncs, and no errors appear.

If I were to re-jb, would all my Application Data still remain?

10. fuzion11 macrumors 65816

fuzion11

Not the data itself, that you'd lose. There is an app however called pkgbackup, which will automatically install all the jb apps you have on...without the data though.

But I don't use pkgbackup...I'd always rather just do everything fresh, I guess I'm kinda OCD like that though! lol

11. appl.whiz macrumors newbie

So a much easier solution. I have had the same problem. My iphone would plug in and my computer will not recognize it. Neither iTunes nor iPhoneExplorer. I rarely reset my computer and noticed that i had not shut it off for over two weeks. I did a simple reset and everything worked fine after that.