iTunes WTF. How manually to change song order?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by machenryr, Apr 7, 2016.

1. machenryr macrumors regular

machenryr

I've hit this before, figured it out then either forgot or whatever. It used to be so easy. I'm on 10.10.5. I want to drag the order of some songs in my playlist, but its not cooperating. I go to edit playlist and nothing.

2. Jessica Lares macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

Just click and drag it in the regular view. The blue line indicates where it'll be inserted.

3. einsteinbqat macrumors regular

einsteinbqat

As long as it's not a smart playlist, you simply drag and drop the song to wherever that you want.

4. machenryr thread starter macrumors regular

machenryr

Doesn't work. Sometimes it works. Sometimes not. Now not.

5. dyt1983 macrumors 65816

Select "Playlists" next to "My Music", then in the left sidebar select the playlist you want to work on (smart playlists with the "gear" icon can't be sorted like this, only the ones with the musical note icon). On the right side select "Edit Playlist" and now in the opened right sidebar, there should be a sorting dropdown menu selection. It must be "Sort by Manual Order" to be able to drag songs into the order you want.

6. machenryr thread starter macrumors regular

machenryr

Yeah. It's a bug for me. I've been doing this for years and years. Maybe I have too many playlists or something. I've quit and restarted but it done fix. I have yet rebooted Mac Pro. Not home. Try later.