itunes you do not have enough access privileges

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by guichard, Nov 30, 2008.

1. guichard macrumors newbie

Hi,

I have just bought a new macbook and am very pleased with it. I am having a problem with iTunes.

I have two accounts on my computer (mine and the wifes). I have an iTunes folder in my public folder which is accessed by both accounts. My wife has subscribed to some podcasts which have been placed in the folder and are visible to her account, and download onto her iphone. When I subscribe to a podcast on my account it attempts to download and then states:

'You do not have enough access privileges for this operation.'

I have amended the access privileges for the folder to shared and read / write for both accounts.

Any help would be much appreciated. I hope I have posted in the correct forum.

Thanks

Rob (in the UK)

2. YS2003 macrumors 68020

YS2003

I am having exactly the same problem. I have 2 iPods and one of them can synch with my MBP but the other (nano) cannot synch for some reasons.

Error message:
    The iPod cannot be synched. You do not have enough access privileges for this operation. :confused:
    Attempting to copy of the disk "(my iPod's name)" failed. You do not have enough access privileges for this operation.

iTunes could not save to your Music Folder because you do not have write access. Check the permissions on your Music Folder and folders in your Music Folder, then try copying this file again.

Very strange as the music folders are accessible. And, I can synch my other iPod with my iTunes without any issues.