Itunes

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by guitarmaster18, Apr 7, 2007.

1. guitarmaster18 macrumors regular

guitarmaster18

Well, I have 15 GB of space free of my 120 GB macbook drive (32 of it goes to windows). I am a photographer so I am constantly eating disk space. Do you think that I should just keep my photography on seperate drives (2 gbs of space), or stash my enormus 30 GB Itunes library on 2 different drives, and delete the one I have off my computer??? Would I be risking too much?????

2. elliottcable macrumors newbie

elliottcable

What do you mean by store your iTunes library on two different disks? As far as *I* know, the iTunes library has to be in a single place, unless you're planning to Raid 0 the disks, which is dangerous for your data.

3. dpaanlka macrumors 601

dpaanlka

Better solution: Put Windows on an external drive.

4. guitarmaster18 thread starter macrumors regular

guitarmaster18

Yes, yes, but I am a newbie, so how exactly would you do that (my windows is on a seperate partition)

5. dpaanlka macrumors 601

dpaanlka

Well, if you're using Boot Camp, I don't know if it's possible.

However if you use one of the various virtualization products available instead, such as Parallels or VMware Fusion, you can put the windows disk image anywhere you'd like, just by dragging it from somewhere to somewhere else in the Mac OS Finder.

6. guitarmaster18 thread starter macrumors regular

guitarmaster18

Yeah, but I already tried that with parallels. I run vista, and It runs painfully slow. But, I will find a way to try to do it with boot camp!

7. kill2this macrumors newbie

Newbies for ever.

May I congratulate you on spelling iTunes wrong and none of the anal macers picking you up on it. I too spelled iTunes like you - Itunes and I got a whole heap of grief for it. Again many congratulations!!!!

Kill:eek:

8. Plymouthbreezer macrumors 601

Plymouthbreezer

Yes, I must say that impressed me too!