Itunes

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by cjandnw, Jun 13, 2007.

1. cjandnw macrumors 6502

If this is answered aready I apologize.

Do we expect to see the itunes update (iphone syncing software as shown in the keynote) released on the 29th as well as the phone?

OR

Can we expect to see this released earlier to allow waiting buyers to download and ready it for the initial sync / setup? This my also entice potential buyers to see the possibilities and encourage them to "get on /in line"

Thoughts

2. applehero macrumors 6502

My best guess is that it will be released the same date/time as the iPhone.

3. 66217 Guest

I don't think it is going to be that big of an update. Just make iTunes recognize the iPhone and that's it.

Very similar to the Apple TV update. So probably it would be that same day.

4. samh004 macrumors 68020

samh004

It might even come with a CD, like the old iPod's did...

5. brandon6684 Guest

If there is an accompanying iTunes update, it'll probably only be a small point release. I thought one of the recent minor releases already brought iPhone support.

6. trevorlc macrumors member

I ran my Software Update not too long ago, I could of sworn there was a note on one of the updates that said "iphone". Could be wrong... but I'm pretty sure its already on your system. (If Your running OSX and getting software updates lately) You just can't access it unless you can fake an iphone connection... which I'd guess is darn hard since no one has one to copy...

7. brandon6684 Guest

That's what I was thinking.

8. trevorlc macrumors member

Makes me feel less crazy, thanks!

9. cjandnw thread starter macrumors 6502

Don't yell, but I'm running XP.:D

I didn't remember seeing anything for iphone during my last update, but I wasn't looking for it either.
    Thanks for the info.

10. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

Doubt it...Apple seems to be moving away from that. Plus you have to log into an iTunes account to use the iPhone, so I'd guess anyone who can do that, can download an iTunes update.

Not to mention, I'd bet most iPhone owners will be able to get iTunes from the internet no problem.

11. 66217 Guest

I think this might be interesting: iTunes 7.1 already had the iPhone support. I was trying to install iTunes 7.1 to see if I could help seenew in this thread.

Attached Files:

12. cjandnw thread starter macrumors 6502

13. lekun macrumors regular

That "Phone driver" is for the ROKR and others of its ilk. People are pretty good at ferreting out new hardware support for iTunes (ala the update that brought support for AppleTV before it was released) and no one has found anything about the iPhone so most likely iTunes will require an update, and it will be available shortly before the 29th if not on the 29th.

14. 66217 Guest

Good point. I had forgotten that there are some other phones that use iTunes.

15. timmypv15 macrumors regular

definitly going to be an iTunes update....i think they are going to sell ringtones on iTunes.