itunes

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Sobering, Feb 14, 2008.

1. Sobering macrumors regular

i really want to reformat my macbook. my problem is, i have some purchases on itunes that are on their last possible confirm. i think you can confirm itunes songs 5 times before they are useless. am i correct? anyways, all my purchases are on their last confirm and i want to reformat. if i reformat, all my songs are useless. is there any way around this?

thanks, stef

2. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

Dude, just deauthorize your computer before you format. That being said, I've never had to deactivate my computer, because it is tied to the MAC address of the computer. It is not a confirming of the songs, but an authorizing of the computer to play songs attached to your account. If you max out, some how, you can reset it, and any system that is authorized will need to be authorized, however, I believe this can be done only rarely.

TEG

3. JeffMonty macrumors member

iTunes Store authorization and deauthorization

Go here and go through the section that says "To deauthorize all computers associated with your account". I had to do this about a month ago because I maxed out somehow and this fixed everything.

4. richard.mac macrumors 603

richard.mac

you can de authorise you Mac an unlimited amount of times. its just you can only authorise 5 computers including yours.