Itunes

Discussion in 'macOS' started by bababooey26, Jul 7, 2010.

1. bababooey26 macrumors newbie

I dont know if i am asking in the right section or not. So sorry

Can someone tell me why when i try to download some from itunes it takes to long to download. For example when i download a movie with a length of 1 hour and 25 minutes why does it it take 5 hours to download.
    Thanks

2. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

depends on your internet connection, and file size. HD movies are going to take a lot longer than Standard Definition Movies because of file size, if you're downloading other things or just plainly don't have a fast internet connection, its going to take awhile.

3. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

Go to www.speedtest.net and make a test there. Close all up and downloading applications and see what the test reports and post the results back here.

4. AceWilfong macrumors regular

AceWilfong

I'm six hours into a ten-hour hd movie download, wondering the same thing. Probably something to do with the size of the tubes.:rolleyes:

5. strausd macrumors 68030

Get Verizon Fios. Theyre really fast, but they hate people who torrent.... Just incase you were wondering ;)

6. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

There you have your answer.

You download with approx. 68KB/s, which is quite slow, and HD movies are up to 4GB in size, although those iTubes movies might only be 1.5 to 2GB.

Let's say, the movie you download is 2GB, with your internet speed it will take more than 8.5 hours to download it.

7. bababooey26 thread starter macrumors newbie

8. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

Get a faster internet connection or flatrate, I don't know what ISPs you have in the USA and what speeds they offer, but here in Europe we have several ISPs that offer several Mbit/s download speeds, even in rural areas.

Maybe you can upgrade your service with your ISP to a faster download speed. Have a look at the offerings your ISP has.

9. bababooey26 thread starter macrumors newbie

10. Morod macrumors 68000

Morod

Buy a faster internet connection speed from your provider.