Itunes8 HD shows not in 720p... evil tease.

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by huntercr, Sep 9, 2008.

1. huntercr macrumors 65816

I just downloaded the free episode of BSG and of 30 rock that are HD episodes to my mac and both of them are 853x480 resolution. That is FREAKING 480P not 720P. What the heck???

I guess I'm just disappointed. Why would you pay more money for 480p?
    :(

2. pscoble macrumors 6502

I suppose you would because they look better than the "SD" version. That sorta disappointing though if it's true.

3. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

My Heroes download is 1280x720 ... are you looking at the SD copy?

4. Still24 macrumors newbie

I had the same problem - only downloading the SD version. Change your buying preferences to 1-click rather than using a shopping cart and it will download the HD version too. Worked for me anyway! :D

5. mariokarter macrumors member

How can apple seriously think that they can compete with bittorrent (which is free, has HD content, and negative day releases) when they don't even offer 1080p downloads?

6. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

Because by going Apple's route, you wont end up potentially facing large fines and/or jail time.

7. huntercr thread starter macrumors 65816

Ahhh... what an awesome tip! This seems to be working. At least now 2 videos are downloading for one purchase. Once the HD one finishes, I'll post back and
    let you know what happens

8. mrgreen4242 macrumors 601

mrgreen4242

It's convienient. I'm (very) tech savvy and I use iTunes because I'm lazy. It just works. It delivers content to you automatically when it's available. It's fast, or at least predictable in speed. It's just easy. Sure, I get some stuff from BT sites, but only if it's gong to run me more than $10 or so from iTMS. Less than that and my time is simply worth more to me.

9. nhexima macrumors member

Are you kidding me? I don't want 1-click to be on, that's why I use the shopping cart. I hope this gets fixed quickly.