iTunesArtwork

Discussion in 'iOS Programming' started by jagatnibas, Oct 7, 2011.

1. jagatnibas macrumors regular

I did add an image iTunesArtwork in my project, and now in itunes I can see app icon when i go to Devices / Apps section.

But when I go to Library/Apps section, I dont see the icon, what is the problem ?

2. ArtOfWarfare macrumors 604

ArtOfWarfare

You're talking about the album preview in the bottom left of iTunes?

If you are, I don't think I'd sweat it, honestly. I don't think I've ever looked for those for any apps I've acquired in my 2 and a half years of owning an iPhone, and if I ever did look and I saw an app didn't have one, I wouldn't care.

With iOS 5 removing the need to ever hook up iPhones to computers, I think it's going to become an even more trivial problem than it already is.

But maybe I'm mistaken about what you're referring to...

If your icon appears on the iPhone home screen, I think you're fine.

3. jagatnibas thread starter macrumors regular

no it is in top left library section which has music, movies, tv shows, apps and radio sub section.

I would not bother unless my customer wants this :(

Thanks and regards

4. PhoneyDeveloper macrumors 68030

PhoneyDeveloper

If you have a valid iTunesArtwork file there will be an image under Library/Apps and Devices/Apps. It needs to be a 512x512 png file. It needs to be inside the app bundle when you build the ipa file to share an adhoc build. It should not be in the app bundle when you submit to the app store.

This is very simple to set up. If it doesn't seem to be working check that it's inside the ipa file and that the filename is spelled correctly and that it's the right format.