iTwitter reborn as TwitBird Pro

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by nutmac, Aug 25, 2009.

1. nutmac macrumors 68040

Like many, I downloaded iTwitter when it was claimed to be "first twitter app with push notification." Well, it was and it wasn't (only pushes against other iTwitter users) and despite clean user interface, it was missing a bunch of essential features. Since then, the app became a paid app ($2.99).

I fired up App Store Update yesterday and lo-and-behold, the name has changed to TwitBird Pro with a bunch of new features. It now has iChat style direct messages screen, refreshes much faster, a slew of UI refinements, settings page, "read later" offline archive feature, trends, beefed up search, the list goes on.

It doesn't push from all users yet but that is promised in the future update.

2. bbplayer5 macrumors 68030

I think the UI is pretty poor actually. If you want to see a great UI, check twiltr.

3. stevearm macrumors 6502a

twiltr's UI is both awful and fugly at the same time.

Added to that the terrible app icon and the name itself...

4. nutmac thread starter macrumors 68040

While UI is subjective, poor seems overly strong. I find TwitBird Pro to be clean and logical (very reminiscent of Apple's own Messages and Mail apps), with lower learning curve than clients featuring unconventional UI (e.g., Twitterrific). I think it's close to how Apple would've designed a Twitter client.

5. bbplayer5 macrumors 68030

I dont worry about icons since I jailbreak. The app itself is (in my opinion) in another league compared to this one.

6. kicko macrumors 65816

I am using twitbird pro and i find it pretty good. The push notifications have been working pretty fast, faster then an other app i was using. They can tweak a few things but i'm ok with it so far.

best twitter icon IMO

7. kicko macrumors 65816

anyone using this app in the US and have good luck with the pushes?

it seemed to work ok fpr one day then i deleted and reinstalled. After that it was ok for one push then its been dead ever since. Shame, I wish they could straighten it out because i use multiple teitter accounts and the app i used currently does not allow more then one for pushes.

8. iMrNiceGuy0023 macrumors 68000

whats the difference between all the Twitbirds??

I take it the Pro version is the best??

9. vertigo235 macrumors 6502

The pro version can have like 15 accounts or something

the premium version can only have 3 I think

the free version can have 1 and is ad supported

I think that's the differences

10. DeDoFeDo macrumors newbie