iUnlock - No Service afterwards

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by cheetos72, Sep 17, 2007.

  1. cheetos72 macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Sep 17, 2007
    Location:
    Florida, USA
    #1
    Hi there,

    I have posted a few replies to another thread but seem to be getting responses that are not targeting this question and thought starting a thread would be appropriate. :)

    I live in the US and have 2 iPhones -- both of which I followed instructions posted on:

    http://iphone.unlock.no/

    to unlock. The first phone worked flawlessly! The process is complete and T-Mobile works as expected. The second phone, the second time though the process all expected results all the way up to the +CLCK: 0. I restart the comm process and put the already activated T-Mobile SIM in and get "No Service". I can take that SAME SIM and put it in the phone that I unlocked the first time and get service and place calls, etc.

    I have re-flashed the phone (using iTunes and 1.0.2 firmware) and redone the process and still the phone will not aquire service. I have even tried re-flashing and re-activating without doing the process and still "No Service"

    I have searched ("Googled" :) ) and have come across discussions about this but no solutions. Has anyone successfully recovered from this? :confused:

    I am going on the theory that the baseband firmware is incorrect on the 2nd phone, but really I am unsure.

    I appreciate any help!
     
  2. Kalinatek macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Aug 29, 2005
    #2
  3. cheetos72 thread starter macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Sep 17, 2007
    Location:
    Florida, USA
    #3
    Thank you for your reply, but that isn't the type of activation I was refering to. I can get into the phone (using iBrickr) but cannot get it to use the T-Mobile SIM.

    Any other thoughts? Maybe something to do with an incorrect baseband?
     
  4. PatMack macrumors member

    Joined:
    Apr 11, 2006
    #4
    Hi, I had the same problem. I know how frusterating it is. Hopefully this will help you:

    http://www.hackint0sh.org/forum/showthread.php?t=4091&highlight=Service+unlock

    They discuss several possible fixes for this issue. In my case, when i tried a different SIM card, it worked fine. So in the end, I just switched my iPhone with another that was unlocked. Also, i have noticed that non AT&T prepay SIMs seem to be a problem.....

    So maybe try the SIM from your other unlocked iPhone in the problematic iPhone.

    Best of luck.
     
  5. cheetos72 thread starter macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Sep 17, 2007
    Location:
    Florida, USA
    #5
    THANK YOU! That is exactly the information I have been looking for. I haven't had the chance to try any of the suggestions up there (the eep update SOUNDS promising) -- and yes at least I know I have one SIM that works. (I was able to put both SIMs in the unlocked phone and get both to work.)

    Anyway, thank you again! I will post to this board any success I have.
     
  6. cheetos72 thread starter macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Sep 17, 2007
    Location:
    Florida, USA
    #6
    Fix to "No Service" after iUnlock

    Flashing the eep file did the trick -- I must not have updated the firmware before running iBrickr and then when i flashed the baseband with the

    iUnlock ICE03.14.08_G.fls nor

    command it must have made the .fls and the eep out of sync. The command that fixed the phone was:

    bbupdater -e ICE03.14.08_G.eep

    Anyone reading this thread can get much more detail from the link PatMack posted.

    Thank you VERY MUCH PatMack!:):cool::D
     
  7. PatMack macrumors member

    Joined:
    Apr 11, 2006
    #7
    No problem, I'm glad to have helped.

    I know how annoying this error can be, after all that work.....

    In any case, Enjoy iPhone!
     

Share This Page