IUP 8 or 8 Plus WWYD?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Sieve33, Sep 22, 2017.

?

Given my circumstances... what would you do?

1. iPhone 8

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. iPhone 8 Plus

14 vote(s)
    100.0%
  1. Sieve33, Sep 22, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2017

Sieve33 macrumors newbie

I’m using my iPhone Upgrade to get the 8 or 8 Plus. For the sake of this conversation, let’s ignore the iPhone X (not interested in buying first of it’s kind). I like the form factor of the 8’s, so I’m going to get this phone to use as long as I can assuming it’s the last of its kind.

I’ve had the Plus for the last two iterations and would move to the 8 without hesitation if battery and camera hardware were identical (little kids and portrait mode is a beautiful thing). The rest of my ecosystem: iPad Pro 9.7 (which I don’t use a ton carrying around my plus sized iPhone) and an Apple Watch Series 3 LTE.

Considering that, which size would you go with if you were in my position?

2. blairian89 macrumors 6502

blairian89

iPhone 8 Plus. You said it all when you said little kids and portrait mode.

3. akash.nu macrumors 604

akash.nu

I’ve been on the normal size so far but will go plus this year.

4. Sieve33 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the replies - getting bigger and heavier is a little concerning, though. It seems to me there is no doubt that Apple is pushing the Plus models, the new color being shipped in the plus size as just an example.

5. Strelok macrumors 6502a

Strelok

I’ve had the plus size since I got my 6S Plus last May, and now have my 8 Plus. I just picked up an old 6 I had laying around, and damn does it feel tiny! Trust me, you get used to it pretty quickly :)