IUP and AT&T - Address Issues?

macdude2

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 29, 2006
Is there anyone who ordered the 8/8+ on IUP and used a different shipping address than the billing addresss on your AT&T account? If so, did you have any issues with the order being rejected or the shipping address being changed to the account billing address? Want to make sure there won't be any issues when preordering the X.

Jnyce

macrumors regular
Jun 14, 2010
Is there anyone who ordered the 8/8+ on IUP and used a different shipping address than the billing addresss on your AT&T account? If so, did you have any issues with the order being rejected or the shipping address being changed to the account billing address? Want to make sure there won't be any issues when preordering the X.

With Apple ordering if you have AT&T it will only ship to the main account holder address. 4 phones same address tried to change to work address and couldn't get it done.

macdude2

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 29, 2006
With Apple ordering if you have AT&T it will only ship to the main account holder address. 4 phones same address tried to change to work address and couldn't get it done.
When I go through the ordering process with an iPhone 8, it lets me change the billing and shipping address on the very last page. Just not sure what would happen if I were to click submit.

Jnyce

macrumors regular
Jun 14, 2010
When I go through the ordering process with an iPhone 8, it lets me change the billing and shipping address on the very last page. Just not sure what would happen if I were to click submit.
Same here..... what happened in the past, it defaulted to the billing address on AT&T's website after the order was placed.

Enhancer4004

macrumors newbie
Jul 24, 2010
Maybe I am overlooking something obvious here, but the IUP is different all together since the loan is not with the carrier anymore, it's with Apple/Citizen directly. In the past, when you upgraded and committed to another 2 year contract, the subsidy and contract terms were with the carrier, thus it would make sense that they had to send it to whatever address your carrier had. So I'm not really sure how relevant having to send it to the carriers address of record is anymore as an IUP member.

But......disclaimer....I could be overlooking something.

macdude2

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 29, 2006
Just bumping this to see if anyone ran into this issue with the iPhone 8 release.