IUP and Pre-Order

appygirl82

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 4, 2012
Oregon
I have 2 phones on my account, both I’ve already completed the pre-order process. They both show on my Apple app when I pull it up (currently the app is down).

Can someone confirm if I can pre-order both phones in one transaction come time or if we have to complete the pre-order separately on different devices?

TedJustAdmitit

macrumors 6502
Feb 23, 2010
I have 2 phones on my account, both I’ve already completed the pre-order process. They both show on my Apple app when I pull it up (currently the app is down).

Can someone confirm if I can pre-order both phones in one transaction come time or if we have to complete the pre-order separately on different devices?
I am using two different devices for that exact reason. You might have issues using one phone because you can’t order 2 phones at the same time (based on previous efforts).

projectfx

macrumors 6502
Sep 13, 2014
I had this issue before with my wife’s phone. It wouldn’t let me complete the upgrade on my phone, she had to do it on hers.

bigcat

macrumors 6502
Sep 12, 2008
I am using two different devices for that exact reason. You might have issues using one phone because you can’t order 2 phones at the same time (based on previous efforts).
I had this issue before with my wife’s phone. It wouldn’t let me complete the upgrade on my phone, she had to do it on hers.
Are you two in the upgrade program? I don't understand that if both phones where pre-approved from the same phone and both are listed, why one would not be able to complete the process from the same phone.

projectfx

macrumors 6502
Sep 13, 2014
Yes both on program. I think she did the preaprival from her phone maybe that's the difference.

appygirl82

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 4, 2012
Oregon
So, my phone (primary) shows both phones. My husbands only shows his. However, he is logged into his own Apple ID so I am nervous there will be a snag when comes time?! It does show his pre-order so maybe it’ll be ok?

Either way...I plan to be logged in on both phones, the iPad and the MacBook lol!
[doublepost=1509069563][/doublepost]Does anyone know what it’ll look like once it’s time? Is there a way to refresh the app etc to get in on the fun right when it goes live?

uhslax24

macrumors 6502
Jul 21, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania USA
So, my phone (primary) shows both phones. My husbands only shows his. However, he is logged into his own Apple ID so I am nervous there will be a snag when comes time?! It does show his pre-order so maybe it’ll be ok?

Either way...I plan to be logged in on both phones, the iPad and the MacBook lol!
[doublepost=1509069563][/doublepost]Does anyone know what it’ll look like once it’s time? Is there a way to refresh the app etc to get in on the fun right when it goes live?
The tile at the top of the store will tell you that your preorder has begun. You then log in with your ID and walk through the order process. Touch ID and Apple Pay FTW.

appygirl82

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 4, 2012
Oregon
The tile at the top of the store will tell you that your preorder has begun. You then log in with your ID and walk through the order process. Touch ID and Apple Pay FTW.
Shouldn’t need Apple Pay with the IUP tho right? Cuz my CC info is already set up with Citizens One and the pre-order