IUP, any success switching Plus models?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jonfarr, Sep 16, 2016.

1. jonfarr macrumors 6502a

jonfarr

Was wondering if any one had success switching from their original reservation to a different color/capacity today? Wondering if there will be hope for me to go from a silver 128 to a black? Or my Black 32 to a black 128.

2. mixstar336 macrumors regular

I was unable to do in store (switch from 128GB 7+ silver - wanted black). I ended up not taking the silver. at 1035 CST i went into the app and was able to reserve a black 7+ 128GB for pick up at 2:30 today.

3. jonfarr thread starter macrumors 6502a

jonfarr

Did they give you the option to order the model you wanted when you didn't take the silver or did they say to check the reservations page?

4. mixstar336 macrumors regular

They didnt tell me anything. I had previously called and had received an email from apple saying what I wanted specifically would be available for me to pick up in store by the 26th. I just happened to check the app and found a +. seems like inventories are being updated.

5. jonfarr thread starter macrumors 6502a

jonfarr

No luck on that here yet. May just go for my 32 black and live with it for a year. Don't really like white phones.

6. SisterBlue22 macrumors 6502a

SisterBlue22

Nope. I reserved a rose gold 256 Plus because that's all that was available. Showed up this morning for my appointment hoping to switch it for black, but they had zero Pluses in the store. I do have a black on order due the first week of October. So I took the rose gold, traded in my old phone and renewed the IUP, and they said that I can switch it when the black one arrives. Hoping that's true!

7. jonfarr thread starter macrumors 6502a

jonfarr

oh wow, I will have to ask this question at my appt today. If I can walk out with the one reserved and switch it later that would be great.

8. mixstar336 macrumors regular

9. edlex macrumors 68000

edlex

Same with me. I wanted a black but the store didn't have any plus models available so I took the silver. I really love it though so I'm not switching. Just finished restoring, pairing to my watch and updating it to 10.0.1 about an hour ago so now it's mine:D

10. ggpike macrumors member

They didn't have stock to switch to. Said I have 13 days to return, but if I did I would have to cancel my upgrade, start all over, and "it would be a disaster" and that my best bet was to just wait till next year... Uh, what?

11. SisterBlue22 macrumors 6502a

SisterBlue22

He told me specifically they would make an exception to the 14 days in my case.

12. jonfarr thread starter macrumors 6502a

jonfarr

I was told they would do this but it gets quite complicated. They have to cancel the original upgrade plan and then sign up for a new one which involves 2 credit checks. Strongly suggested I don't do that. He said if I called in and got on the IUP priority list it shouldn't be long before the model I want shows up. I decided to go that route. I can wait.