IUP balance payoff question

bigcat

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 12, 2008
So I bought iPhone 7+ last year with IUP, and I pre-ordered the X with IUP as well. My understanding is that Apple will mail me a kit to send them the old phone. My question is, what if I call Citizens One and payoff the balance before the X arrives. Can I just keep the 7+? Ignore Apple's kit? Do they check the balance before sending the kit?

Daniel L

macrumors 6502
Sep 15, 2009
They e-mailed you saying that they put the loan for the 7+ on hold for 14 days. If you don't return the 7+ after receiving the X, they will continue to deduct payments for it on top of the payments for the X.

bigcat

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 12, 2008
They e-mailed you saying that they put the loan for the 7+ on hold for 14 days. If you don't return the 7+ after receiving the X, they will continue to deduct payments for it on top of the payments for the X.
Thanks. I didn't get that email though :). Perhaps because I am not getting the X until 11/24?

Daniel L

macrumors 6502
Sep 15, 2009
Thanks. I didn't get that email though :). Perhaps because I am not getting the X until 11/24?
This was in my IUP iPhone X order confirmation e-mail:
If I upgrade to a new iPhone, what happens to my existing iPhone Upgrade Program monthly payments?
In order to give you time to trade in your previous iPhone, the monthly payments for your existing iPhone Upgrade Program will pause once your new iPhone ships. You will receive a Trade-in Kit and and a prepaid shipping label so you can quickly and easily send us your previous iPhone. If you don’t send your iPhone within 14 days of receiving the Trade-in Kit, the remaining payments will resume—on top of the monthly payments on your new iPhone.