iPhone X IUP did not allow for in-store pickup...

jonfarr

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 29, 2012
Portland
I was only able to select delivery because the device wasn’t ready for pickup “tomorrow”...

jonfarr

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 29, 2012
Portland
I just had to redo my whole upgrade process and resubmit credit info. It went through this time with a in store pickup. Weird.

Nobounds

macrumors newbie
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah I couldnt either, I was surprised. I already submitted my order so I guess it is too late to change it

Steve28

macrumors regular
Jun 14, 2011
Same here - no in-store option allowed for me. Is it possible to switch later?

spinedoc77

macrumors G3
Jun 11, 2009
No in store pickup for my store either, but other stores were available so it must have been an issue with my slacker store. Oh well, I did delivery, will just have to go to work early to make sure I get it. What's the chances it delivers one day early? I'm closed on Thursday so that would suck.

TheSouthPaw45

macrumors newbie
Oct 1, 2014
Wasn’t able to pickup in store but I was able to ship to my location. How does the iUP work when you ship to your desired location? Do you send your old phone back in the mailing box or can you go to the store and return it?

Nobounds

macrumors newbie
Oct 27, 2017
Wasn’t able to pickup in store but I was able to ship to my location. How does the iUP work when you ship to your desired location? Do you send your old phone back in the mailing box or can you go to the store and return it?
From the email it looks like they send you stuff to ship it back.

bruinsrme

macrumors 604
Oct 26, 2008
Same here - no in-store option allowed for me. Is it possible to switch later?
It's tricky because of the extra processing it goes through.
Once the order is visible on apple.com you maybe able to switch shipping method

TheSouthPaw45

macrumors newbie
Oct 1, 2014
From the email it looks like they send you stuff to ship it back.
I wasn’t completely sure on the entire process. This is my first year using iUP so my current phone is not under the plan. (Payed in full last year) So I wasn’t sure if they still sent me the whole kit or I had to trade in my current phone myself for the extra credit.

cheapa55

macrumors 6502a
Oct 29, 2007
I didn’t want in store pickup but my XS Max on T-Mobile wasn’t available for a couple of weeks for delivery but available for pick up on 9/21. So I had to choose pickup.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.