IUP:New enrollee

will.s87

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 20, 2016
Central CA
I have been following threads for a while to make sure I know what to expect come Friday.

So I just have a question.

I see that when using IUP, you need to have a CC on file for payment. But I'm wondering on the checkout part, could I use DEBIT to pay for the taxes or does it all have to go on the same card?

hansenc

macrumors 6502
Jun 16, 2004
think it all went onto the same card. think you could use your debt in the beginning and then switch to the cc later for future payments.

Shadowbech

macrumors 603
Oct 18, 2011
Apple iPhone World
I have been following threads for a while to make sure I know what to expect come Friday.

So I just have a question.

I see that when using IUP, you need to have a CC on file for payment. But I'm wondering on the checkout part, could I use DEBIT to pay for the taxes or does it all have to go on the same card?
When signing up for IUP, it requires a credit card. A debit card will not work and will be denied if you used it. However once you create an account with Citizens, you can go ahead and change it to ACH (direct withdraw from your checking account) or another credit card.

will.s87

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 20, 2016
Central CA
When signing up for IUP, it requires a credit card. A debit card will not work and will be denied if you used it. However once you create an account with Citizens, you can go ahead and change it to ACH (direct withdraw from your checking account) or another credit card.
I had went through the process of ordering a iPhone 8 and if I remember correctly, you put in the details for the credit card on the application part. I thought it would be separate from the actual checkout part where you pay for the taxes.