IUP on a different network

dgravo

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 6, 2009
I have both Verizon and AT&T. The store closest to me had a Verizon JB + in stick so I reserved it through IUP. The catch is I want to use it with my AT&T number. Can I do that? Thanks for any help.

KPOM

macrumors G5
Oct 23, 2010
I have both Verizon and AT&T. The store closest to me had a Verizon JB + in stick so I reserved it through IUP. The catch is I want to use it with my AT&T number. Can I do that? Thanks for any help.
Yes. Just process the order through your Verizon account at the Apple Store. You'll see a $20 charge on your next Verizon bill, and when the phone activates, that will become your new Verizon SIM. You can then just swap out that SIM for your AT&T SIM and it will work fine. That's exactly what I did this year.

dgravo

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 6, 2009
Yes. Just process the order through your Verizon account at the Apple Store. You'll see a $20 charge on your next Verizon bill, and when the phone activates, that will become your new Verizon SIM. You can then just swap out that SIM for your AT&T SIM and it will work fine. That's exactly what I did this year.
Thank you so much
[doublepost=1476469489][/doublepost]One last question...It is okay to activate it with the Verizon sim in there? Thanks.

KPOM

macrumors G5
Oct 23, 2010
Thank you so much
[doublepost=1476469489][/doublepost]One last question...It is okay to activate it with the Verizon sim in there? Thanks.
Yes. That will just activate the Verizon SIM, so you'll need to move that one over to the phone that you plan to use wit Verizon.