iPhone 8(+) IUP question about changing sims/numbers

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ssledoux, Oct 28, 2018.

1. ssledoux macrumors 65816

ssledoux

So I have a phone still on IUP and it has 10-11 pmts left. I have a friend whose daughter wants to buy it.

IF I let her take it and put her SIM in (she’s on AT&T so it shouldn’t need unlocking or anything), will that affect my payments or the AppleCare on the phone?

She’s gonna pay me the payments monthly (very close friend’s adult daughter so I’m not worried about her not paying or anything), but I just don’t know the logistics here.

Anyone?

2. Shadowbech macrumors 601

No that will not affect your payments. As long as your friend pays you monthly should be fine.

3. BugeyeSTI macrumors 68030

BugeyeSTI

As long as you or her make payments each month AT&T could care less. If she backs out at anytime in the next 10 months, you would be responsible for paying the phone off...

4. ssledoux thread starter macrumors 65816

ssledoux

I figure it won’t matter with ATT but how does it affect the Apple Care on the phone since it’s not gonna be the original phone number it was set up with.

I mean it doesn’t really matter to me whether the AppleCare is still active, but I’m just wondering if it would be.

5. pcorrado macrumors 6502

I think Apple Care and IUP are tied to the serial number of the phone. So you can do whatever you want with it for service once it’s purchased.

6. Lobwedgephil macrumors 601

Lobwedgephil

AppleCare is tied to the phone, not your phone number.