IUP question...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Pez555, Nov 9, 2017.

1. Pez555 macrumors 68020

Pez555

I upgraded my 7 Plus last Friday and have now had my X for a week tomorrow, however today I have had a charge to my bank account for one of the payments from my previous iup agreement.

My payment date for my previous iup on my 7 Plus was in fact the 8th of every month however I am trying to figure out why there has been a charge today even though my agreement was settled last Friday as per the iup.

Do you pay for the month you have used and not the upcoming month? Even if it does work that way, shouldn’t it be a pro rata amount as I traded in my 7 Plus last Friday?

Bit confused and will obviously ask apple, just wondering if there is someone out there that has an explanation.

2. MuGeN PoWeR macrumors 68030

MuGeN PoWeR

you should not have got charged, did you get an email from Citizens one that loan is closed? and from apple that trade in is completed?

3. Pez555 thread starter macrumors 68020

Pez555

Im in the UK so we use Barclays finance. But no email from apple, just the standard one from when I purchased the device on the new iup plan.

I do have a letter from Barclays saying my closing balance though.

4. sneeks macrumors 6502a

I expect you will receive a refund for the extra payment, your settlement figure when you upgraded was the total due on your old plan. Your next payment date was very close to the upgrade date so Barclays would not have had time to cancel any payment request as these can often be requested a week before payment is taken.

5. MuGeN PoWeR macrumors 68030

MuGeN PoWeR

so if you look at order details on apple store app then you should be able to see if the trade in completed or not. and yes you should be getting a refund, i would call Barclays and ask them!

6. Pez555 thread starter macrumors 68020

Pez555

The only possibility I can think of is;

I took the original 7 Plus out on the iup in October 2016. I upgraded in November 2017 which would actually make it 13 months so therefore would I be paying for that extra month in between? According to my Barclays statement I had paid 12 months but I received that back in October, meaning I have used the 7 Plus for another month before upgrading to the X if that makes sense?

7. MuGeN PoWeR macrumors 68030

MuGeN PoWeR

so technically you pay in advance for the month you are going to use! so i think this makes sense and you should be charged for 13 month!