IUP - who's still waiting for a response from Apple.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Gpg5033, Sep 15, 2016.

1. Gpg5033 macrumors newbie

Sep 15, 2016
    Hey everyone.

I called Apple at 12 est on Sunday to ask about reserving a phone and they took my information and told me 24-48hr until I hear a response. Since then I have spoken to them every day and been told to keep waiting. I have asked multiple times to escalate the issue and nothing has happened. I did ask for the 7+ jet black 128 Verizon so I know it may take time to get one but it has been over 4 days now. Anyone else in a similar situation or have advice?
  2. iPunish901 macrumors 6502

Aug 6, 2008
    Memphis, TN
    I was waiting on a 32gb plus matte black, got an email earlier today saying one is reserved. I spoke to someone Sunday also.
  3. Lobwedgephil macrumors 68040

Apr 7, 2012
    Got a phone call this morning telling me to expect an email about picking up my reservation. Email never came.
  4. Gpg5033 thread starter macrumors newbie

Sep 15, 2016
    Exactly what happened to me. Tried contacting support they still just said wait
  5. Gpg5033 thread starter macrumors newbie

Sep 15, 2016
    Update - still no email from Apple, contacted them this morning and they couldn't find my original request and said my only option was to resubmit the request.... I asked for a manager and everything possible. They said I should be contacted in 72 hours....
  6. JustCrusin macrumors member

Mar 13, 2011
    I'm so amazed with the way this upgrade cycle went. I called last Sunday and received an email for pickup today.
  7. Gpg5033 thread starter macrumors newbie

Sep 15, 2016
    That's great news! What color did you get?

But yeah seriously. If I bought the phone full price it would be here next week. But I had to stick with the IUP... they really messed this whole thing up.