Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Gpg5033

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 15, 2016
Hey everyone.

I called Apple at 12 est on Sunday to ask about reserving a phone and they took my information and told me 24-48hr until I hear a response. Since then I have spoken to them every day and been told to keep waiting. I have asked multiple times to escalate the issue and nothing has happened. I did ask for the 7+ jet black 128 Verizon so I know it may take time to get one but it has been over 4 days now. Anyone else in a similar situation or have advice?

Lobwedgephil

Contributor
Apr 7, 2012
Got a phone call this morning telling me to expect an email about picking up my reservation. Email never came.

Gpg5033

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 15, 2016
Update - still no email from Apple, contacted them this morning and they couldn't find my original request and said my only option was to resubmit the request.... I asked for a manager and everything possible. They said I should be contacted in 72 hours....

JustCrusin

macrumors regular
Mar 13, 2011
I'm so amazed with the way this upgrade cycle went. I called last Sunday and received an email for pickup today.

Gpg5033

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 15, 2016
I'm so amazed with the way this upgrade cycle went. I called last Sunday and received an email for pickup today.
That's great news! What color did you get?

But yeah seriously. If I bought the phone full price it would be here next week. But I had to stick with the IUP... they really messed this whole thing up.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.