Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lazyrighteye

Contributor
Original poster
Jan 16, 2002
Denver, CO
My neighbor is on iUP and upgraded her X for the Xs. When her Xs arrives next week, and she wants to change her upgrade from the Xs to the Xs Max, does she have that option? If so, what does that process look like?

I was guessing she could exchange within her 14-day window. But wasn’t sure, and why I am here.

Thanks all.

predation

macrumors 65816
Apr 3, 2013
My neighbor is on iUP and upgraded her X for the Xs. When her Xs arrives next week, and she wants to change her upgrade from the Xs to the Xs Max, does she have that option? If so, what does that process look like?

I was guessing she could exchange within her 14-day window. But wasn’t sure, and why I am here.

Thanks all.
Yeah. Just return within 14 days of receiving.
Apple will do a return and your friend can start a new iup for the max. Might need to wait until stock is available tho.

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011

Thanks all.
Yes, as long as she's within the 14 day window she can return and get a new one. Typically with iUP returns is that they have to process it as a return to close out that loan and she would have to open up a new loan with Citizen Loan for the XS Max.

Wags

macrumors 68020
Mar 5, 2006
Nebraska, USA
Yes, as long as she's within the 14 day window she can return and get a new one. Typically with iUP returns is that they have to process it as a return to close out that loan and she would have to open up a new loan with Citizen Loan for the XS Max.
I was wondering about this once. I was told they did what they called price adjustment. Acted like don’t need new loan. Shouldn’t have to take credit check hit too.

lazyrighteye

Contributor
Original poster
Jan 16, 2002
Denver, CO
Interesting.
I was imagining that since she is already approved, it would be a matter of swapping devices. With some basic monthly cost differences - and device availability obviously a factor.

That said, is there a simple way to check Xs Max stock at local stores (as is in-store transaction would be her preferred option)?

Wags

macrumors 68020
Mar 5, 2006
Nebraska, USA
Interesting.
I was imagining that since she is already approved, it would be a matter of swapping devices. With some basic monthly cost differences - and device availability obviously a factor.

That said, is there a simple way to check Xs Max stock at local stores (as is in-store transaction would be her preferred option)?
Exactly. The loan is tied to the specific device but would hope it allows for exchanges.

skaro

macrumors member
Oct 7, 2004
Exactly. The loan is tied to the specific device but would hope it allows for exchanges.
I’ve just done this very thing today! Got the XS Friday but having played with the XS Max decided I wanted to change! Woke up just before 6am today to reserve an XS Max on the upgrade programme as though I was a new customer. Went into store this afternoon - they’d never done it before but their “Hello” app had instructions for how to do the exchange.

It wasn’t really an exchange though - it was a refund and then essentially another upgrade application.

Was pretty seamless though - 20 mins in total from arriving to leaving with the Max!

Mad4clay

macrumors 6502
Aug 10, 2013
Minnesota
I’ve just done this very thing today! Got the XS Friday but having played with the XS Max decided I wanted to change! Woke up just before 6am today to reserve an XS Max on the upgrade programme as though I was a new customer. Went into store this afternoon - they’d never done it before but their “Hello” app had instructions for how to do the exchange.

It wasn’t really an exchange though - it was a refund and then essentially another upgrade application.

Was pretty seamless though - 20 mins in total from arriving to leaving with the Max!

Nice! Was wondering how this would work. Thanks!

Wags

macrumors 68020
Mar 5, 2006
Nebraska, USA

Nice. Irritating that we have to essentially apply for credit again. Can’t believe that never have done before though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.