I've been away... What happened!?

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by LeKiD, Nov 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LeKiD macrumors regular

LeKiD

Hello guys... I've been away from macrumors for a little while now but I've been here when the new mac pro was "rumoredly announced" to come out last week... What went wrong? :) What happened to our Semi-God Multimedia and his crystal ball?

So... Next best guess? January?

Thank guy for, I guess, repeating to me.

2. peejack macrumors 6502a

I don't know but ill probably be getting a macpro next week :)

3. Much Ado macrumors 68000

Much Ado

Well i can tell you we've all been waiting, and no, there was no PowerBook G5.

4. Octobot macrumors regular

Octobot

Just wasn't time yet, probably waiting for new GPU and Penryn varieties, solid testing etc.. Ya release by 1st Quarter '08. Maybe right before MWSF.

MM played with fire too much, got burned. And his crystal ball turned out to be a "Magic 8 Ball."

5. superspiffy macrumors 6502a

Why was he banned?

6. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

We don't publicly discuss why members are banned. Thanks.

http://guides.macrumors.com/Help:Forum_Rules#Warnings_and_Bannings

7. iPhil macrumors 68040

iPhil

That info is between mods n offender only and if you read This lil guide and you'll know lil bit on what not to do ..

Other words MM got banned for breaking a rule in the lil guide linky .. :eek:

8. queshy macrumors 68040

queshy

I don't want to go OT here but he was one of the most contributing members on the forum. I really couldn't imagine him breaking any rules...how long does the ban last for?

9. iPhil macrumors 68040

iPhil

I quoted that info .. ^^

10. Blogger macrumors 6502

They are pulling your leg. Last week Apple announced the introduction of a new Mac Pro based on the new(ish) Pentium 3 processor. It only comes with a floppy drive, but a CD reader is an option. Can't wait to try it out. Only $8675.00!

11. RedTomato macrumors 68040

RedTomato

Hmm.

The mods had their reasons, as hinted above, but I've been asked not to discuss this case.

On a more general level, while I'm happy with instabanning trolls etc, I do think there should be more openness when banning someone with a strong history at MR. I don't like seeing well known people become 'disappeared'.

12. acquinn macrumors newbie

acquinn

GEtting back to the thread topic - Apple continues to test our diminishing patience!

13. Much Ado macrumors 68000

Much Ado

Post count should not grant immunity to forum rules.

14. Ish macrumors 68010

Ish

Hi! Nice to see you're out, I mean back. (Just kidding ;))

15. Gloor macrumors 6502a

Actually Blue, MM said that he is happy if you share the details with anyone who asks. So, can I post a history log of his sins here for people who want to know? Multi gave you (moderators) permission about that and I don't see a reason why it would be a problem. Also, his history is quite hilarious with some warnings etc. and it did make me laugh a lot.

So, can I make it public?

16. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

We don't think that publicizing the details would be appropriate. It's against a policy we've had since Day 1 of these forums and would be a bad precedent. Those with a need for more information should send me a Private Message.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.