I've been saving up ...

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by duckkg5, Feb 16, 2009.

1. duckkg5 macrumors member

duckkg5

And finally ordered my first MacBook Pro. I got the 15" 2.4 Ghz with 320 GB HD 7200. It comes sometime at the end of the week - and that's a good thing because I have a test Wednesday and I would be too distracted to study if it came earlier. I've been saving up for months and months and finally made it happen.

I hope I'm home when they deliver it ...

2. ajohnson253 macrumors 68000

ajohnson253

sounds good, just got mine last week. lovely piece. Hopefully you can get all your school wrk done quickly with it

3. theITGuy macrumors 6502a

theITGuy

4. duckkg5 thread starter macrumors member

duckkg5

I've been saving up ...

Yeah, I'm so excited. The best part was that I used the Student Developer discount and got the MBP for $1,719 - a HUGE savings. Funny - it never asked me to log in as a student developer, and I didn't even have to pay the $99 membership fee.

Also, this was interesting: I tried getting AppleCare with the student developer discount ($349), but that was more expensive than just getting it with the regular student discount ($239). Strange. I saved almost $400 in the end with the student dev and student discounts.

5. sehnsucht77 macrumors 6502

awesome for you. saving and finally getting something is a great feeling:)

6. uiop. macrumors 68020

uiop.

Congrats! You'll love it. I don't think there's a better feeling than unboxing a new Mac.

7. Kronie macrumors 6502a

Kronie

Saving up? That's not the American way! You need to put that baby on your high rate credit card!

8. uiop. macrumors 68020

uiop.

People like you need to be banned. Way to kill the moment and troll on a happy thread.

9. kitch95 macrumors regular

kitch95

I know that feeling! just got my 20" imac that i have been saving and working for about a year its a great machine!:apple::D

10. Kronie macrumors 6502a

Kronie

Your right, I apologize. I was kind of trolling......

Congratulations.

I'm just jealous and bitter that's all. Where is my MBP? Hopefully on a plane over the pacific, then on its way to my house, and yes I put it on my credit card....

11. duckkg5 thread starter macrumors member

duckkg5

Haha I'm still happy. I was thinking about doing an unboxing video but that's been beaten to death. Maybe I'll do it anyway and just save it to show my kids (is that lame? whatever). Well, I'm doing a lot of video work, and I have an iMac but I need the portability where I can use Final Cut Pro while I'm at work. In case anyone is interested, I'm making a documentary and have a blog about it here: http://web.me.com/duckkg5. I can't freaking wait for it to come.

12. sehnsucht77 macrumors 6502

just....enjoy the machine. i always found unboxing threads to be really odd.

13. Nikos macrumors 68000

Nikos

14. duckkg5 thread starter macrumors member

duckkg5

dammit

I checked the order status and it says ACTION REQUIRED so I called the number and they said my account didn't show that I'm student developer ... which I'm not. They never asked for that info so I thought I was lucky or at least safe.

So I bought a student dev membership for $99 (which I planned on doing all along anyway) and now I have to wait 24 HOURS for a freaking confirmation email. UGH. Then I have to fax them my student transcript. Bollocks. who has a fax machine nowadays. Whatev, I guess it's worth the $400 I saved. Just gotta wait a little longer.

15. mikey28 macrumors 6502

16. Kronie macrumors 6502a

Kronie

you may want to cancel the applecare portion of your order. you can save more $$ buying it from Ebay. Its like $150 on ebay.

17. duckkg5 thread starter macrumors member

duckkg5

Yeah, I thought about that but I've read that it can be kinda sketchy and not guaranteed. Thanks for the advice (it already shipped today :/ ).