I've broken my screen

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by kinkaroo, Oct 16, 2009.

1. kinkaroo macrumors newbie

kinkaroo

Hi im new in this forum . I'm an old user of iphone 3G . I dont live in the usa or Canada i live in europe the operator i've bought my iphone isn't fixing my screen

[​IMG]

This is how it it. I am going to buy a new screen but there are 3 parts ; The touch screen , the LCD and the front panel . Which one should i buy ?[​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Thanks for your help and sorry for my bad english

PS: the screen works when you touch it (You can hear the sound of emergency call)

2. aicul macrumors 6502a

Repair of the screen is not as easy at it seems. There is something about double sided tape or glue which is a nuissance to set right. Or so I recall from someone that attempted it.

Go to a local Applestore or Apple reseller. The Apple repair is not that expensive I am told.

Operators will only forward the iphone to the same entity and bill you extra for it. And apparently your operator is not even willing to do that.

3. kinkaroo thread starter macrumors newbie

kinkaroo

Local applestore doesnt fix the screen of the phone . Only software problems . They redirect me to a service that no one trusts . For examle they will fix the screen but replace the memory with the fake one . So i dont want. And i believe i can fix it via tutorials from youtube . Ive fixed my PSP many times how hard can iphone be ? My phone was under guarantee altough but they arent fixing it . Thanx anyway and sorry for my bad english again

4. aicul macrumors 6502a

I love urban legends. But swapping a soldered memory is not a very constructive exercise.

Good luck with your handywork then

5. kinkaroo thread starter macrumors newbie

kinkaroo

6. graveworks macrumors newbie

You obviously need a new display and front panel, and from the extent of the damage shown, I'd be surprised if you didn't need a new touch screen as well. Best way to check would be to see if you can still hear it unlock when you swipe.

7. kinkaroo thread starter macrumors newbie

kinkaroo

Yes i make music with emergency call . I can play Jingle Bells without sight.

So i should buy these huh ?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. kinkaroo thread starter macrumors newbie

kinkaroo

9. MultiFinder17 macrumors 68000

MultiFinder17

There's a couple things you need to do to figure out which parts you need:

Open the sucker up (check iFixit for tutorials) and reseat the display cables to see if that doesn't bring your display back. Your front panel is obviously smashed, but the digitizer is still working, as you can still use the touchscreen. If reseating the cables brings back your display (the LCD underneath the front panel and the bit that actually shows things), then you don't need one of those. If it does not come back, then you may well need a new one.