I've cause 4 people to instantly run out to get an IPT

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by JuicyGoo, Oct 27, 2007.

1. JuicyGoo macrumors member

It's amazing how many people haven't heard of the iPod Touch. Everyone who sees it squeals in delight to see an iPhone.

That gets annoying, but I've won over 4 of my friends by showing them that it's basically an iPhone w/o the calling feature. Of course it's the jailbroken features that convinces them to immediately run to an Apple store and get one.

BTW, the Maps function totally saved my @$$ when I was completely lost in Brooklyn.

2. plumbingandtech macrumors 68000

3. northernmunky macrumors 6502a

northernmunky

I want an iPod touch! My roommate got his last week and its amazing... unfortunately my girlfriend bought me an iPod Nano last Xmas and will kick my arse if I so much as think about turning to the direction of the apple store!!! :p

4. tennez macrumors regular

Dont worry for ur girlffriend....get a touch and give the nano to her...

Ohh yees!!

5. derryquinn macrumors 6502

derryquinn

Or buy a new girlfriend at the :apple:Store while you are there

6. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

From a female who bought a male a Nano for Christmas last year.....

If you want an IPT and you are weary of getting one due to the Nano then don't be. The Nano is clearly best when you want to be active. The IPT, while they have arm bands and such, is so inappropriate for say working out. I know people use it for this and it will withstand some force, but the Nano is flash-based and better if you want to walk (fitness), run, bike, etc. I would go get one if you can and let your girlfriend know the Nano still has a purpose. I have a Nano and a 5g, the Nano came after the 5g and is so much more convenient when I work out.

In other words, I wouldn't be mad if the guy I bought one for went out and bought a new IPT if he wanted one. Well I couldn't be mad now, but that's another dumb story. ;)

7. drnycallstar19 macrumors member

the touch is flash-based too.

8. i0Nic macrumors 65816

Yup same thing with me. I showed a friend mine in the morning, he said he couldn't stop thinking about it all day and he left work early just to buy it.

9. Antimatter macrumors regular

I'm made four people as well get them, and I hacked them all for them. It's actually quite fun.

10. BiikeMike macrumors 65816

BiikeMike

Wirelessly posted (Treo: Opera/8.01 (J2ME/MIDP; Opera Mini/3.1.8295/1716; en; U; ssr))

All my friends that have seen mine want it hardcore. I haven't seen any others in the wild until my flight a few days ago, dude sitting next to me pulled one out. :)

11. tonywalk macrumors member

...and another sale.

A colleague at work saw mine overnight (daylight saving clock change on a mainframe here in the UK). He is now going the thought processes of how to justify one to his wife who would be using a gramaphone as her PMP of choice - and that might be too bleeding edge for her liking.

Anyone know what gets drool off the iPoT's screen easily :D

Off to bed now,
    Tony.