I've cost my bumper receipt...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Harmush, Jul 16, 2010.

1. Harmush macrumors 6502a

Harmush

Will apple still refund my £25 if I go to the store? I don't see why not, they can tell it's a real bumper.

Edit: sorry about title. iPad typo. I've lost my receipt

2. Andy-V macrumors 6502

I doubt it. Otherwise you could just get the refund repeatedly.

3. appleguy123 macrumors 604

appleguy123

I bet that you will be able to. They will probably make us bring our iphones in and tie our serial numbers to the refund. That's what they did with the power adaptors.

4. quotison macrumors member

Check your email? I know I get receipts from the Apple Store emailed to me when I use the credit card I have attached to iTunes.

5. dagored macrumors 65816

Correct

6. fender57 macrumors 6502

They have to have a means to figure out if you get a refund or free case though. That's what the receipt will do for you. They will already have your iPhone info in their database, so if you paid cash for your bumper and declined to give them your phone number or Apple ID (where they would have a record of your purchase), you will need the receipt as proof.

7. Harmush thread starter macrumors 6502a

Harmush

I paid cashfor the bumper. So I got a printed receipt. They didn't ask for my apple ID. I'll call in store. If I can't get a refund I'll just claim another free case. I wasn't expecting the money back so I don't feel like I'm loosing out really. I'll request a different 3rd part case. Different to bumper then.

8. asleep macrumors 68040

asleep

Paid cash, receipt long gone as who knew I'd need it?

And I don't need another one/another case??

I'd like my $30 bucks back.

9. fender57 macrumors 6502

You know, now that I think about it, the first time I went into an Apple Store, I gave them my credit card, and that's when they asked me if I wanted it e-mailed to me. I said "sure", and since then everytime I give them my credit card they ask me the same question. It must be tied to the credit card. So, if you paid cash they would have never asked you that as they wouldn't have a quick way to tie the info over to you. As you say, you can simply get a free case instead, I have two bumpers and a case. Variety is the spice of life, and we want to have fun with our toys, right?

10. Harmush thread starter macrumors 6502a

Harmush

Yep. Although I'll go for the cash back if I can. Lol. Could do with it after spending £500 on a phone. Oops. My own fault.