Ive decided, but now Ive come accross another option! Please help!

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by MacSurge, May 24, 2007.

1. MacSurge macrumors member

ok, so Ive decided on the Black Macbook and upgrading to two GB RAM.. wich would be like $1,564.00 with the education discount... However, would it be a good idea to get the one below it with the same processor speed and upgrade to a 160gb hard drive and 2gb RAM.. It would be like $100.00 cheaper.. My question iswould it be the same as the Black macbook.. Whats the difference.. would it be a good idea for me to do this!

Thanks for your help!

- Regards

2. richard4339 macrumors 6502a

richard4339

3. Dynamyk macrumors 6502a

Dynamyk

Maybe look into getting the last gen blackbook. Your only losing some HD space, .16ghz and 2x on the DVD Burner, I don't think it's worth the $300 your going to save.

4. MacSurge thread starter macrumors member

What I'm saying is that if I decide to get the mid macbook, and upgrade it to the specs of the black book would it be the same.. I was thinking I could upgrade to a 160GB HD and 2GB RAM.. While if I get the blackbook i would just have to upgrade to 2gb ram since it already has a 160gb hard drive..

What would be the difference if I just got the middle macbook, and upgraded to specs just like the blackbook.. Are there any differences!

Thanks!

- Regards

5. Dynamyk macrumors 6502a

Dynamyk