Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

thermal

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 3, 2009
Vancouver, Canada
For those of you deciding to pass on the iPhone 6 at this time, what are your reasons?

For me, my carrier will only have the 16gb base versions and I absolutely will not buy less than 32gb as I'm completely out of memory with my current 16gb iPhone 4. So I'm buying a used 32gb iphone off ebay to hold me over until the 6s.

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
For those of you deciding to pass on the iPhone 6 at this time, what are your reasons?

For me, my carrier will only have the 16gb base versions and I absolutely will not buy less than 32gb as I'm completely out of memory with my current 16gb iPhone 4. So I'm buying a used 32gb iphone off ebay to hold me over until the 6s.
1. Fugly.
2. Protruding Camera (see #1)
3. No black (NO, gray is NOT black!!!)
4. Not really interested in iOS 8, or iOS 7 for that matter although I'm stuck on it.

P.S. The above is just my opinion and personal preference. If you like the phone, I don't have anything against you.

dipstik

macrumors newbie
Aug 30, 2014
1 gig of ram after numerous jailbreak tweaks i dont think is enough. we will see, when the jailbreak comes, what users think.

i am waiting on nexus 6 announcement and what phones will be the first to use the snapdragon 810 processor.

the limits of app development, even for ios8, are a bit limiting. i was hoping ios8 would allow for changing the default browser and maps apps. i was also hoping for theme support (besides the keyboard).

if the nexus 6 doesnt have what i want, then i might have to decide between a 6s and a qualcomm 810 android phone in 2015.

until then ill be using my iphone 4 with redsnow 5.1.1

CEmajr

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
Charlotte, NC
No

Because my bill stays $27 cheaper per month if I keep my 5S. Plus in a few months there will be plenty of used iPhone 6's on Craigslist for great prices.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.