I've decided on a 24" imac

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Zergling Love, Mar 19, 2009.

1. Zergling Love macrumors newbie

I'm buying my first mac, its going to be a 24" iMac and while I'm waiting for everything I want to stop being on back order (really just the 4850) I noticed a question I couldn't really find an answer to.

I'm not sure if there have been tear downs of the new iMacs or not but I'm curious as to what kind of lcd panel my imac is going to have. I mean, your own buying guide really just tells me the resolution and contrast ratio.

I'm really curious because from what I've read the quality isn't that great (heard they're TN panels). This isn't a deal breaker, I'd just like to know exactly what I'm getting in to.

Thank you in advance.

EDIT: Almost forgot, can I connect an additional display and have monitor spanning or is that not possible because its a "consumer model"?

2. eXan macrumors 601

eXan

24" iMacs use H-IPS panels (=very good).

Yes, its possible to run an external screen in extended desktop mode, as well as mirroring. You'll need an adapter for any display other than Apple LED Cinema Display though.

3. Zergling Love thread starter macrumors newbie

This is excellent news and I'm really excited to be ordering my iMac soon then.

4. Bye Bye Baby macrumors 65816

Bye Bye Baby

Just got a new iMac myself. It is the best computer that I have owned.

Screen is great and with the addition of the ADC 23 inch it is a dream.

You will enjoy it.

5. techound1 macrumors 68000

techound1

If you stop by the refurb department, you can save $200+ on it.

6. opera57 macrumors 6502

I just got a 24" iMac aswell, the screen is really great. My old samsung 20" isn't a patch on it and looks really dull compared! [​IMG]