I've decided to wait...

Discussion in 'iMac' started by davidnssbm, Jun 11, 2010.

  1. davidnssbm macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Oct 23, 2009
    #1
    I filled up my cart and was ready to dish out over 2k and then something stopped me...

    I have a powerbook G4. My father has a MacPro (2006)... I... I don't need an iMac right now. I just don't. I really wanted the screen for video editing, but it's really not a priority right now.

    When I move back out over the summer I'll indulge, and hopefully a new iMac will be announced!

    Someone give me a hug... :(
     
  2. JDrive macrumors member

    Joined:
    Jun 3, 2010
    #2
    I am in the same situation. I have a working PC right now and have been tempted numerous times to purchase the current iMac. Since I am in no dire need of a new computer waiting for the new refresh, which shouldn't be too far away, seems to be the better option.
     
  3. 314631 macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    May 12, 2009
    Location:
    iDeaded myself
  4. henrikrox macrumors 65816

    henrikrox

    Joined:
    Feb 3, 2010
    #4
    I feel the same way. I was orginally going i7 imac, 8gb ram etc. BUT since im starting engineering in the summer i wanted a laptop and a desktop.

    Therefor i orderd the macbook pro 13,3" base model.

    And now im waiting for a refresh for the base 27" imac model.

    I mean, if you want the quad core, you dont have to wait, cause the next upgrade for the imac high end will not have that huge peformance gain.

    However for the base 27" im seing i5 dual core with HT as base, and hopefully a step up for 4670. Therfor i feel the next base 27" is worth waiting for.

    Again, if i was going to buy quad cores, i would just get it now.
     
  5. davidnssbm thread starter macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Oct 23, 2009
    #5
    Well I want a 27" i7 quad core, but the possibility of HDMI and what not seems mighty tempting. Also, I mostly do video editing and I hear the current i7 uses an old video card and FCP is old so I'm hoping theres a refresh on both.
     
  6. henrikrox macrumors 65816

    henrikrox

    Joined:
    Feb 3, 2010
    #6
    Well, then i hope both of us are getting what we want from the new 27" iMacs :)

    Also, to be fair. Summer isn't the hardest time waiting for a machine. I got two vacations which is 4 weeks right there, and visiting parents etc.

    So even if i orderd one, i hardly get to use it.
     
  7. Btom macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Nov 19, 2009
    #7
    Welcome to the club...

    Tom B.
     
  8. Zelnaga macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Jun 4, 2010
    #8
    Im also waiting aswell. 27inch purchase but with the low end model. Hopefully id be bumped to an i5 with updated graphics card or something, but just knowing there 'might' be an update round the corners, Id like to know that I have the latest (at this current time) update before I splash out 1k+ on whatever.
     
  9. TennisandMusic

    Joined:
    Aug 26, 2008
    #9
    As someone who has had two of the current quad core iMac's, I'll just say be glad you waited. They are not worth the money. Every single one I have seen has had the bad screens, so if you wanted it FOR the screen, you would have almost surely been disappointed. Just wait, and be glad with what you have...
     

Share This Page