I've done something silly with symbolic links..

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by ThomasShaped, Jun 24, 2009.

1. ThomasShaped macrumors regular

I was trying to link my cycorder video folder to my camera roll folder so when I connect my phone to my mac I can access the videos from iPhoto. However I wasn't really sure what I was doing and now I've ended up with a 100APPLE folder from /private/var/mobile/Media/DCIM/ in /private/var/mobile/Media/Videos.

I then tried to fix it but ended up duplicating my 100APPLE folder in /private/var/mobile/Media/DCIM/! (it's actually called itself "100APPLE_linkto")

If someone could help me get rid of this and then help me link my videos folder to my camera roll, that would be great

Thanks in advance!

Just another side question. Anyone know if/where I can edit the Cycorder interface image files?

2. TheConfuzed1 macrumors 6502a

3. ThomasShaped thread starter macrumors regular

Was hoping for a quick Terminal fix as I can't really be bothered restoring. Although I might just unjailbreak again.

4. spamdumpster macrumors 6502a

I'm pretty sure that if you delete stock folders like DCM and Apple100, the phone will automatically recreate them. Not 100% sure though.

5. Knolly macrumors 6502a

In terms of symbolic linking... Rather than risk creating another fiasco, just wait. Saurik has said that he'll dump the videos in the DCIM folder with the next release of Cycorder.