I've fallin' in love with Apple:)

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by kraunsky, Jun 16, 2009.

1. kraunsky macrumors member

Hey all,
    I've now taken fancy for Apple:D
    I'm proud of it too.
    Now that I've taken fancy of them, I want to buy one, now im not made of money; im only 14, but i am selling a hole heap of junk on ebay that can get me a wad of cash:) I've been looking at the PB15, I can get one for about 7-800 bucks Australian, then later on when i have some more money, buying a mac pro desktop with a 24" Cinema Display:)
    Is it worth buying a PB15 for the portability, is it powerful enough to run, say office, firefox, msn etc etc?

Thanksss.

2. watergun macrumors regular

Not sure about your preference but just FYI, 800USD can get you the previous generation 13" unibody MacBook here in Hong Kong.

3. eXan macrumors 601

eXan

4. niuniu macrumors 68020

niuniu

A man of the people. The right sort of people.
    800 Aus dollar is about 640 US dollar..

You can pick up a second hand Black Macbook on ebay for that kind of money in the UK which would be a very very nice, and cool machine - it's powerful too, you can game on it, and I guess at 14 you do a fair bit of gaming. Not sure how the market is in Australia though, things may be more expensive over there.

5. SkyBell macrumors 604

SkyBell

Certainly. It will do that and much more if you buy one of the later revisions. :) I routinely do all that and a little bit of gaming on my iBook and eMac, PPC still has some life left in it. :D

6. kraunsky thread starter macrumors member

im not exactly the gaming type... at all, if i do any gaming its on the wii LOL

7. colourclassic macrumors member

colourclassic

Not much point in getting a PPC based computer, I have compared some higher end G4's and even G5's against my Mac Mini, and the little intel machine thoroughly destroys the PPC computers.

A used white macbook can be had for about $800 on eBay Australia, and that will actually be a solid computer with fully supported system software.