I've finally jumped on board!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by MadDog31, Feb 27, 2008.

1. MadDog31 macrumors 6502a

Hey all! I know there are probably a thousand of these threads but the hell with it, here's another! :)

After months of planning and waiting, I finally got a MacBook Pro:

2.6 GHz CPU
    2 GB RAM (promptly ordered 4GB of Crucial from Newegg)
    200 GB 7200 RPM HDD
    17" High-Resolution Matte
    Apple Remote
    Marware Sportfolio Sleeve

Estimated delivery 3/11-3/17. :-/

Glad to finally make the switch. I'm going to have Windows XP on a partition for some TF2 gaming and a couple of other small things but I'm REALLY looking forward to learning OSX and STABILITY! I've lurked on here for a while...hopefully now I'll have more to add to conversation on here.

That is all for now...now for the wait! Posting this from my iPhone (was #1 in line back on June 30th.

Ian

2. marykay9507 macrumors 6502a

marykay9507

3. markrivers macrumors 6502a

markrivers

congratulations!
    i can imagine the excitement!:)

4. amac4me macrumors 65816

amac4me

Congrats on making the switch!

Did your experience with the iPhone drive your decision to buy a Mac?

5. MadDog31 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Actually, when I originally bought my 80 GB black iPod that was the first taste of Apple'dom. I told a friend of mine who's had Macs for several years now that the change will be complete in three parts - 1) iPod 2) iPhone 3) MacBook Pro. So I've completed all three. The interface of the iPhone completely sold me however to answer your question. I knew Apple was good, but when I first used the iPhone, it literally left me saying, "This is exactly what I wanted in a phone and never even knew it."

Apple seems to have that knack. While it would have been nice to wait for a full redesign, I just figured what the hell, jump in now, enjoy it for several years, get used to OSX, and never look back!

The purchase gave me a lump in my throat regarding price...haha...but it's a premium to own perfection. I'm getting more excited by the minute...not only to have a great computer, but to finally be able to take part in some conversations around here.

My friend I previously mentioned and I both teamed up and talked another friend of ours into getting an iMac...he loves it.