I've given up on Apple fixing the X3100 drivers.

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Stachelsk, Dec 17, 2008.

1. Stachelsk macrumors regular

I don't know how much longer I can stand the horrible performance of these drivers. I'm a developer and I'd like to take a look at the source myself, but I haven't been able to find them. Posted on Apple discussion board and all I got was that there was a bug fix filed months ago and that they're closed source, so you'll have to wait for Apple to fix them.

Well, I've been waiting since 10.5.2, when I purchased the notebook, for Apple to fix the performance issues. So I tried going on Apple's support site to see if I could get an e-mail address short of e-mailing Jobs himself (no, I'm not going to, as tempting as it is at this point). Nothing. The only e-mail addresses the support page provided were for MobileMe and iTunes. Well, what if I have issues with something else than MobileMe and iTunes?

I guess my question is who can I get in contact with to fix this problem, or how can I obtain the code to fix the problem myself? I've waited almost a year now, and the performance is still the same shoddy thing. I can't code using OpenGL... even if I load a simple model file in, add one dynamic light, and have it spin around on an axis, my framerate goes to hell. I'm a college student and I'm not able to afford the 'Pro. I know the graphics chip itself is capable of a lot more because the same example code runs as smooth in silk in Vista on the same hardware. And if Vista runs it smooth, there's no reason that Leopard shouldn't be able to.

Sorry for ranting, if that's what that came off as.

2. J@ffa macrumors 6502a

J@ffa

Why not email Jobs? I can't believe you've waited a year and are willing to try and code in driver improvements but won't job an e-mail relating your frustration to someone who might be able to get something done about it.

3. Stachelsk thread starter macrumors regular

Because I don't think it's necessary to e-mail the CEO of a company over an issue like this. His e-mail address is abused... it should only be used for the most dire situations.

4. walkum13 macrumors newbie

As honorable as that is, do it-his email is abused. You have a legitimate request so I would say that emailing him would result in no harm. I'm sure he gets thousands of emails a day about the "no right-click" button lol