I've got a 2012 21.5" how can I "test"

Discussion in 'iMac' started by MrMister111, Dec 15, 2012.

1. MrMister111 macrumors 68000

Hi I ordered my 21.5" and it came, I've unpacked it, briefly setup ,but due to personal circumstances haven't had much time on it.

I've heard some reports of screen probes etc. I'm still within my 14days, can anyone tell me how I can "test" not only the screen but anything else I should before deciding to keep.

I don normally buy 1st edition stuff, as they have probs a lot, I have 3 year hardware warranty, and an Apple retail store close.

Anyone please, procedures, software, or whatever people do to test.

Cheers

2. Apple fanboy macrumors P6

Apple fanboy

I wouldn't worry about it too much. But if you want to check the pixels and light bleed etc try looking at a solid colour over the complete screen. Try white for dead pixels or sub pixels.

3. aprofetto8 macrumors regular

A bit ironic that in order to find out if something is "wrong" you have to perform tests which in themselves are something you'd never do otherwise.

Enjoy the machine my man. If you're looking for something to be wrong with it, you're going to find it if you look hard enough.

4. MrMister111 thread starter macrumors 68000

I honestly am not worrying (too much!) I just as I haven't spent any time, I want to check its ok, before my return runs out.

Normally I would have spent ages on it by now to see if anything there in day to day use, but as I've been away I haven't been able to check it normally.

I basically wan a quick fix/check/test to see to put my mind at rest, and because it must be one of the 1st run of iMacs. I understand manufacturing and know that 1st run have problems

Cheers

5. theSeb macrumors 604

theSeb

You will need one of these

[​IMG]

Now you need to check each pixel.

6. MrMister111 thread starter macrumors 68000

Great thanks..................

7. sectime macrumors 6502a

And a dark closet :rolleyes:
    Seriously you have a warranty, unless your looking for an excuse to return for buyers remorse.