I've got a question concerning the screen of an iMac

Discussion in 'iMac' started by Captain Planet, Jul 20, 2007.

1. Captain Planet macrumors 6502a

Captain Planet

So lately, I've seen that there are some sort of spots on my screen. Some are more visible than others, and they don't seem to come off. And just this morning, I noticed some kind of scratch... even though it's not a scratch, it looks like one. It also won't come off. As anyone else had this problem? If so, is there some way to remove those spots?

2. DoFoT9 macrumors P6

DoFoT9

could it be some kind of heat related issue??? dont have ne little kiddies or pets that could have damaged it??

uumm yea id go with the heat thing, other than that ive got nothing...

3. urbanskywalker macrumors 6502

The backlight will sometime show bleeding which shows up as white spots. The scratch I am not sure about. Can you post a picture? Can you see the marks when the imac is on or of?

4. Captain Planet thread starter macrumors 6502a

Captain Planet

I've got no pets, and I don't have a cam so can't take a picture... I haven't actually checked if I could see the scratch when the screen's off. I'll try it right now.

5. Captain Planet thread starter macrumors 6502a

Captain Planet

Yeah, I can definitely see it when the screen is black... my whole screen looks dirty but it's really that one scratch the always shows. God damn it's bothering me... and I know that no one's touched my screen... and I never do, might of once or twice because I thought I saw something on it. I hope it can be removed somehow.