I've got Continuity work on mid-2010 MBP

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by webcrush, Oct 24, 2014.

1. webcrush macrumors regular

Hi all,

Thought you'd find this interesting, but with a BLE 4.0 dongle on my mid-2010 MBP, after I ran dokterdok's continuity tool, I had AirDrop working perfectly. No hardware hacks or changes to my wifi board.

Today, I received OSXWifi's BCM94331PCIEBT4CAX mini-PCIe board (meant for MacPro's) and with a mini-PCIe testing circuit board I bought which connects via USB, I plugged it all in and blamo - full Continuity working.

You can see in the pic the system model and OS version, BLE/Handoff/AirDrop/Hotspot enabled and the pref window in the background with the 'Handoff' checkbox option.

I have the 2012 wifi/ble chipset coming to ugprade properly, but I just couldn't let this just sit here. :)

Valiant try Apple, but I think they're gonna have to either open this puppy for general use or start selling dongle/kits because if they don't, someone else will.

Attached Files:

2. nateo200 macrumors 68030

nateo200

Nice man! I was just reading about putting in the BCM94360CSAX into my early-2013 rMBP to get 802.11ac so its nice to see more people who like to tinker :)

3. cjmillsnun macrumors 68020

Someone else will then. Either way, it's good to know that this can be worked around.

4. webcrush thread starter macrumors regular