Small White Car

macrumors G4
Original poster
Aug 29, 2006
Washington DC
So of course we've seen lots of people complaining about iOS 7's animations being slow.

And I agreed with those people. Well, last night I started playing with the wife's phone and hers aren't delayed like mine are!

If I had her phone I wouldn't be complaining about iOS 7 quite as much. (We both have the 5.)

Anyone else's phone act like the one on the right?

I want to believe it's the home button being screwy, but if that was the case I'd expect the lag to vary in length and to sometimes work perfectly and sometimes not work at all. You know...be unpredictable.

But I can promise you that my phone has lagged precisely that amount for every single button push for the last 6 weeks. And I mean EXACTLY. So that sure doesn't seem like a piece of hardware failing to me.

Any other ideas?

blackhand1001

macrumors 68030
Jan 6, 2009
Check home button click speed under accessability and if you have triple click accessibility turned on turn it off.

Small White Car

macrumors G4
Original poster
Aug 29, 2006
Washington DC
Check home button click speed under accessability and if you have triple click accessibility turned on turn it off.

Wow.

I'm pretty sure I know about 99.5% of the iPhone's stuff, but when it comes to that last 0.5% you guys sure are handy!

That was it. I don't think I ever would have thought of that.

Thanks!

T5BRICK

macrumors G3
Aug 3, 2006
Oregon
Have you tried resetting your iPhone to factory settings and starting fresh?

*edit* wow, someone else already posted a solution. Nice.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Wow.

I'm pretty sure I know about 99.5% of the iPhone's stuff, but when it comes to that last 0.5% you guys sure are handy!

That was it. I don't think I ever would have thought of that.

Thanks!
Yeah that weird home button triple click shortcut effect slowing down app closing is a rather odd one.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
But of course, the iPhone needs to wait if you click the home button again if triple click is enabled.
Doesnt seem like there's much of a similar showdown to detect if there's a double click to being up multitasking, despite the same type if logic seemingly applying to that case.

PNutts

macrumors 601
Jul 24, 2008
Pacific Northwest, US
Uncle. I'm in General - Accessibility and there is no triple click option. iPhone 5s iOS 7.0.3. Trying to find a screenshot... What am I missing (besides the option)? :)

Strategery

macrumors newbie
Jul 8, 2013
Uncle. I'm in General - Accessibility and there is no triple click option. iPhone 5s iOS 7.0.3. Trying to find a screenshot... What am I missing (besides the option)? :)

Scroll to the bottom, tap on "Accessibility Shortcut". If you turn them all off then the delay will be gone.

Altis

macrumors 68040
Sep 10, 2013
Scroll to the bottom, tap on "Accessibility Shortcut". If you turn them all off then the delay will be gone.

This is true. However, the delay is a small price to pay for being able to invert colors and let my eyes cool down from the bright white.

I'm not even sure why the delay needs to be longer... If you haven't clicked twice within the double-tap window, you won't be clicking three times either.

SONiC5

macrumors regular
Sep 21, 2012
U.S.

Thank you, this fixed the problem for me. I was really beginning to regret updating to iOS 7, my 4S became a pain to use, it took seconds to exit apps, the keyboard lagged terribly, and everything just performed poorly. Now it feels like a new phone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.