I've got the Bootcamp Blues...

Discussion in 'macOS' started by daveIT, Jan 1, 2011.

1. daveIT macrumors member

This blows...

I had a TechNet subscription that expired in Oct. I had a Win7 Ultimate x64 install that's been working fine (much to my dismay) since the day I installed. Today, I decided today that I needed to enlarge my Bootcamp partition so I bought iPartition ($44.95). I let that run and it finishes and I boot into Windows and it says my copy is no longer valid.

That p*sses me off, but I figure hey my TechNet is expired to whatever. So, I go to MS website and buy a copy of Windows 7 Home edition ($199) and download the x64 bit .ISO. I try to burn it with Burn (the shareware) and when I try to install it with Bootcamp (wiping my old partition the process) I get the following:

Select CD-ROM Boot Type:

Of course nothing works on the keyboard so I try to burn it with Disk Utility and next time I try to install I get a "insert bootable cd" so I try again with Disk Utility thinking maybe the burn messed up and I get the same thing.

Now, I'm 3 DVD-Rs down and $250 bucks in the hole & nothing is working...it's been awhile since I installed Windows (back when 7 came out) but I don't remember it being this big of a pain in the *ss.

What gives?

2. 0ra1 macrumors newbie

It dose suck, u dint need to rebuy it again
    try burning it with disk utility might work or with toast

google it like i did, since i had the same problem and i burnt it with disk util and it works